RULES AND REGULATIONS
* All persons attending this event, whether as Spectators, Officials, Competitors or as Guests of the Organizer, shall be bound by N.D.C.A. rules and by participating in the RIVERFRONT DANCESPORT FESTIVAL automatically become obliged to adhere to them.
The dress code for spectators is as follows: casual for daytime, dressy for evening.
All Pro/Am teachers, professionals, and amateur couples are required to have a 2016 Registration Number with the National Dance Council of America. (Pro/Am students do not need to be registered.)
Register online: www.ndca.org/registration
For further information:
Lee Wakefield, PO Box 22018, Provo, UT, 84602-20186.
* Every person attending the Riverfront Dancesport Festival does so at his or her own risk and expressly and irrevocably waves any claim or claims against the NDCA, Riverfront Dancesport Festival, its organizers, employees and representatives arising from any loss, personal injury, death or damage associated with this event. No responsibility for loss or theft of articles left in changing rooms, ballroom, or hotel rooms can be accepted by the organizer or the N.D.C.A.
Please review this downloadable Waiver/Release Notice which provides additional details. This Notice will also be posted for your review near the Registration desk during the 2017 Riverfront Dancesport Festival event.
* Material used should be based on the N.D.C.A. syllabus, Fred Astaire, Arthur Murray, and DVIDA social step lists or any approved syllabi of member organizations of the N.D.C.A.
* Following categories pertain to Pro-Am and Amateur American and International Free Styles only:
Newcomer- (has taken less than 50 lessons)
* If you are entering a Latin, Rhythm, or Standard scholarship, you must dance a minimum of 5 freestyles per scholarship of the same corresponding dance style. If you are entering the Smooth Scholarships, you must dance a minimum of four Smooth freestyles per scholarship. For the 3 Dance Scholarships, students are still required to dance a minimum of 5 freestyles per scholarship of same corresponding style, with the exception of Smooth 3 Dance Scholarship where 4 Smooth freestyles per scholarship are needed to be eligible.
Example: Closed Silver International Standard 3 Dance Scholarship - the required 5 freestyle dances for this scholarship would be an International Standard Waltz, Tango, Viennese Waltz, Foxtrot and Quickstep.
The following categories pertain to Pro-Am and Amateur American and International Freestyles.
Pro/Am & Student/Student Age Divisions - you may enter in up to TWO age divisions. The age level must be your current age, and optionally the age level above that.
PT1 - up to 9
PT2 - 10-11
J1 - 12-13
J2 - 14-15
YA - 16 -18
A1 - 18-35
A2 - 36-50
B1 - 51-60
B2 - 61-70
C1 - 71 + up
* In American and International Styles, Pro/Am or Amateur Couples may dance up to THREE levels. The levels must be in consecutive order. Example: Intermediate Bronze, Full Bronze and Pre-Silver.
* In American and International Styles, Pro/Am or Amateur:
- Students may dance up to 3 consecutive levels in each style. For example, 3 levels would be Newcomer Bronze, Pre Bronze, Intermediate Bronze
- Adult students may dance their actual age group, plus one age group higher.
* American Style, Pro/Am, and International Style Dress Code
Pro/Am - costumes are permitted at any level. Costumes are not required for Newcomers. Under 18 should adhere to N.D.C.A costume regulations.
* In any category with fewer than three entries, the organizer reserves the right to eliminate the age and sex divisions and merge competitors into one open division. Events with less than 3 entries may be canceled or combined across age and/or gender divisions. Prize monies may be reduced in events with fewer than 3 entries.
* Solo exhibitions critique sheets and scores will be available to studio personnel at the registration desk.
* Formations: Maximum time limited to three (3) minutes for a single dance and four (4) minutes for a medley. Timing of routine shall begin and end with the accompaniment. Only CD’s will be accepted for Solos and Formations. No mini Cd’s or cassettes are allowed.
Teams must consist of at least four (4) couples.
* Maximum of TWO Solo Exhibitions per student will be accepted.
* No Solo Exhibition is to exceed three (3) minutes. Music will be faded out after three (3) minutes. Only CD’s will be accepted for Solos and Formations. No mini Cd’s or cassettes are allowed.
* Two teachers dancing with one student are entered as a regular exhibition.
* Two amateurs dancing together can have two entries on Solo Exhibition plus the two in Pro/Am.
* Drops are permitted in levels Gold Pro/Am freestyles only. Drops are
permitted in all levels of Solo Exhibitions.
* Lifts are permitted in all levels of Solo Exhibitions only.
* There will be no substituting of a student with another student during the event.
* Invigilation will be used for all restricted categories. These categories will be strictly supervised and competitors committing infraction will be given notification. If adjustments are not made, final placement will be adjusted.
* The Riverfront Dancesport Festival will post its final schedule before the event starts.
* Top Students - An award will be presented to the Top Newcomer, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Amateur Couple. Calculations are based on number of entries and placement points.
* Top Studio - An award will be presentated to the Top 3 Studios. Calculations are based on the number of packages, entries, and placement points.
* Top studios - To qualify, studios must have 1 or more teachers competing. .
* Teacher's $$$ Pot of Gold $$$ - Teachers, we value the contribution you
bring to our competition, and we want to reward you for supporting The
Riverfront Dancesport Festival. Qualifying teachers will receive $$$
CASH BACK $$$ based on the number of paid adult Pro/Am entries danced.
* The $$$ Pot of Gold $$$ teacher incentives for 2016.
- 30 to 60 adult Pro/Am entries – earn $1.00 on each entry
- 61 to 100 adult Pro/Am entries – earn $2.00 on each entry
- 101 to 150 adult Pro/Am entries – earn $3.00 on each entry
- 151 to 199 adult Pro/Am entries – earn $4.00 on each entry
- 200 or more adult Pro/Am entries – earn $5.00 on each entry
* Pot of Gold added Bonus
- 200 adult Pro/Am entries earns $300
- 250 adult Pro/Am entries earns $500
- 300 adult Pro/Am entries earns $750
* Only Single Dance and Multi Dance entries count as one entry toward
the Teacher’s $$$ Pot of Gold $$$ award money.
* Solo's, Formations, Junior entries, and scholarship entries Do Not
count toward the Teacher’s $$$ Pot of Gold $$$ award money.
* Dance Vision (DVIDA) Scholarships
Dance Vision Voucher
1st - $75
2nd - $25
3rd - $25
This event is open to Bronze and Silve students. Figures must be danced in accordance with the NDCA/DVIDA syllabus and elements/restrictions will be strictly enforced. All competitors must be entered in the same single dance events.
Students who win an event at any participating competition will be eligible for a FREE entry to dance the same event at the Emerald Ball. Please note: Each student is allowed only one free entry regardless of how many participating events are won.
* Day time session seating will be open seating. Tickets are sold on a first come first served basis with preferred seating going to package holders then single session. Any groups wishing to sit together should order tickets at the same time. All ticket orders will be held at will call under your name at the registration desk in front of the ballroom. The dress code for spectators is as follows: casual for daytime, dressy for evening.
* There are no refunds or exchanges on general admission tickets..
* Ticket purchases made on the day of the event are cash only..
* The deadline for cancellation and refunds is two weeks (12/29/2016) prior to the event. A letter requesting a refund of payments must follow cancellations. All refunds will be made 30 days following the event. No refunds will be made if cancellation occurs after 12/29/2016.
* Canceled entries taken at the event cannot be substituted by another entry and no refund will be made on such a cancellation.
* While on the competition premises, competitors shall conduct themselves in a civil sportsmanlike manner at all times.
* It is the competitor’s responsibility to be in attendance in advance of the advertised time scheduled for the events he is entering. Competitors must be in the ballroom at least 30 minutes before their scheduled event and in the “on deck” area at least 2 heats prior to their scheduled heat. Events will not be delayed for latecomers.
* Competitors entering a RIVERFRONT DANCESPORT FESTIVAL event shall accept as final the individual markings of the Judges and no appeal against them may be made, expect when it can be shown that the actual markings have been incorrectly interpreted.
* No competitor shall harass or question a judge about his/her personal reasons for marking.
* Any competitor who removes any of the master scrutineer sheets without the permission of the Organizer shall render himself liable to disciplinary action.
* The Organizer of the RIVERFRONT DANCESPORT FESTIVAL reserves the right to reject the application of any competitor who has violated any of the above rules of conduct in any recognized N.D.C.A. event.
* Professional videographers will be available to videotape your dancing for a fee. No private videotaping will be allowed.
* Rule 18 of NDCA rules section on Conduct of Competition states: NDCA recognizes that competition/championship organizers own the television and/or video rights to their events.