Step into our beautiful world of Ballroom Dancing and experience the one day competition with the BIG COMP feel. Riverfront Dancesport Festival is the best run and most friendly Dancesport competition in Greater Cincinnati. Our 12th annual event will be held on January 8, 2022.
Regardless of your dancing level, we offer competition for all levels in all styles. So don’t miss out! There are plenty of ways for you to enjoy with us next year and to “Go with the Flow”.
To offer the best experience for everyone, including teachers, students, and dance lovers.
Please plan for an exciting time at this glamorous event. The Riverfront Dancesport Festival also plays host to World Class Adjudicators and Professional couples. Get ready for some serious fun. See you there!
Please click a button below to view the corresponding information.
This section will hold a list of all email newsletters that are created for the Riverfront Dancesport Festival. Email newsletters are sent out periodically to promote this event. You can subscribe to receive these email newsletters by entering your email address in the Email Newsletter Signup window below and clicking Submit button.
(Please enter your email address below and click Submit button)
You can also see a web version of previously sent email newsletters by clicking the highlighted links below. Please check back often to view any newly sent Riverfront Dancesport Festival email newsletters.
*** When a new RF Email Newsletter becomes available, it will be shown as a clickable link highlighed in blue below.
This section will provide a list of health related Dance articles. You can view these articles by clicking the highlighted links in blue below. Please check back often to view any newly added Articles.
Please click a button below to view the corresponding information.
The dance venue and hotel for the 2022 Riverfront Dancesport Festival is the beautiful Hyatt Regency Cincinnati in downtown Cincinnati. Please book your room as soon as possible. When booking using the below phone number, please mention that you are with the Riverfront Dancesport Festival to take advantage of available room discounts. Be sure to mention the group code G-RFD2 and specify the dates appropriate for the Riverfront Dancesport Festival (e.g. Jan. 7-9, 2022). Alternatively, you may book your room online at a discounted rate using the below web link.
Please book early.
Hyatt Regency Cincinnati
151 West Fifth Street
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA 45202
Website: (map info and directions available. Please click link below.)
For great products and merchandise, please support these vendors.
Contact: Sandy Buckholz
Contact: Kristine Riemer
Contact: Lisa Bentley DeBevec
Contact: Olga Blinova
Contact: Video Pro Productions
Web: VideoProProductions. photoreflect.com
Please click a button below to view the corresponding information.
Registration and entry forms should be completed and sent in as soon as possible. Please make check payable to the “Riverfront Dancesport Festival”. Completed forms and payment should be mailed to :
Riverfront Dancesport Festival
7227 Edenborough Court
Lancaster, OH 43130
If there are any questions on registration, please call the registrar Brenda Burger at: 740-969-2431 or send email to: CompBrenda@aol.com. You may also fax completed registration and entry forms to Brenda at: 740-969-4457, but payment will need to be sent to above mail address, along with a copy of the same completed registration and entry forms.
If there’s a problem contacting the Registrar, you may use the following phone number for general info: 614-204-0196 (8am-8pm ET)
* Early Rewards entry deadline: To Qualify and earn additional Points, entries and payment must be received by the Early Rewards entry deadline Dec. 15th, 2021. The Standard entry deadline is December 31st, 2021.
* Please review Rules/Policies page prior to submitting your entry forms.
* The Competitor Entry fees and Package Pricing Form is password protected. For those registrants who need this information, please send email to: email@example.com, or call 740-969-2431 to request the password information.
Note: For Scholarship Categories, competitors must be entered in the same single dance events. If less than 3 contestants participate, the organizer reserves the right to combine age levels and divisions. Prize money may also be pro-rated.
Closed Scholarship Categories
1. Closed Bronze American Rhythm - 3 dance
2. Closed Silver American Rhythm - 3 dance
3. Closed Bronze American Smooth - 3 dance
4. Closed Silver American Smooth - 3 dance
5. Closed Bronze International Standard - 3 dance
6. Closed Silver International Standard - 3 dance
7. Closed Bronze International Latin - 3 dance
8. Closed Silver International Latin - 3 dance
Closed Scholarship Awards
Open Scholarship Categories
1. Open American Rhythm - 5 dance
2. Open American Smooth - 4 dance
3. Open International Standard - 5 dance
4. Open International Latin - 5 dance
Open Scholarship Awards
Solo Grand Challenge Scholarship Awards
Early Entry Rewards
Receive 1 point for every single dance entry and 3 points for each multi dance towards Top Teacher for the Riverfront Top Teacher prize money! Please see the Rules/Policies page for details.
Teacher’s $$$ Pot of Gold $$$
Teachers, we value the contribution you bring to our competition, and we want to reward you for supporting The Riverfront Dancesport Festival. Qualifying teachers will receive $$$ CASH BACK $$$ based on the number of paid adult Pro/Am entries danced.
Please see the Rules/Policies page for details on Pot of Gold incentives for teachers.
Riverfront Top Teacher
Top Teacher money is paid as shown below, in addition to the lucrative Pot of Gold.
Top Student Awards
An award will be presented to the Top Newcomer, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Amateur Couple. Calculations are based on number of entries and placement points.
Top Studio Awards
An award will be presented to the Top 3 Studios. Calculations are based on the number of packages, entries, and placement points.
Please see the Rules/Policies page for details on Top Studio.
MVP - More Voucher Points Event
Receive double-points for each Multi-Dance event you enter.
1. $4 voucher
2. $2 voucher
3. $1.50 voucher
* Please note that we ask that every teacher, student, and amateur; everyone must sign the Waiver form prior to entering the ballroom. This form is available on the Registration page of our web site and must be submitted along with your entry forms.
* All persons attending this event, whether as Spectators, Officials, Competitors or as Guests of the Organizer, shall be bound by N.D.C.A. rules and by participating in the RIVERFRONT DANCESPORT FESTIVAL automatically become obliged to adhere to them.
The dress code for spectators is as follows: casual for daytime, dressy for evening.
All Pro/Am teachers, professionals, and amateur couples are required to have a 2022 Registration Number with the National Dance Council of America. (Pro/Am students do not need to be registered.)
Register online: www.ndca.org/registration
For further information:
Lee Wakefield, PO Box 22018, Provo, UT, 84602-20186.
* Every person attending the Riverfront Dancesport Festival does so at his or her own risk and expressly and irrevocably waves any claim or claims against the NDCA, Riverfront Dancesport Festival, its organizers, employees and representatives arising from any loss, personal injury, death or damage associated with this event. No responsibility for loss or theft of articles left in changing rooms, ballroom, or hotel rooms can be accepted by the organizer or the N.D.C.A.
Please review this downloadable Waiver/Release Notice which provides additional details. This Notice will also be posted for your review near the Registration desk during the Riverfront Dancesport Festival event.
* Material used should be based on the N.D.C.A. syllabus, Fred Astaire, Arthur Murray, and DVIDA social step lists or any approved syllabi of member organizations of the N.D.C.A.
* Following categories pertain to Pro-Am and Amateur American and International Free Styles only:
Newcomer- (has taken less than 50 lessons)
Open Gold I
Open Gold II
* If you are entering a Latin, Rhythm, or Standard scholarship, you must dance a minimum of 5 freestyles per scholarship of the same corresponding dance style. If you are entering the Smooth Scholarships, you must dance a minimum of four Smooth freestyles per scholarship. For the 3 Dance Scholarships, students are still required to dance a minimum of 5 freestyles per scholarship of same corresponding style, with the exception of Smooth 3 Dance Scholarship where 4 Smooth freestyles per scholarship are needed to be eligible.
Example: Closed Silver International Standard 3 Dance Scholarship - the required 5 freestyle dances for this scholarship would be an International Standard Waltz, Tango, Viennese Waltz, Foxtrot and Quickstep.
Pro/Am & Amateur Age Division for single dances, Multi Dance events., and Scholarships. - you may enter in up to TWO age divisions. The age level must be your current age, and optionally the age level below that. See entry forms for applicable age groups.
* In American and International Styles, Pro/Am or Amateur:
Students may dance up to 3 consecutive levels in each style. For example, 3 levels would be Newcomer Bronze, Pre Bronze, Intermediate Bronze. Adult students may dance their actual age group, plus one age group lower. Junior couples may dance their actual age plus one age group higher.
* American Style, Pro/Am, and International Style Dress Code
Pro/Am - costumes are permitted at any level. Costumes are not required for Newcomers. Under 18 should adhere to N.D.C.A costume regulations.
* In any category with fewer than three entries, the organizer reserves the right to eliminate the age and sex divisions and merge competitors into one open division. Events with less than 3 entries may be canceled or combined across age and/or gender divisions. Prize monies may be reduced in events with fewer than 3 entries.
* Solo exhibitions critique sheets and scores will be available to studio personnel at the registration desk.
* Formations: Maximum time limited to three (3) minutes for a single dance and four (4) minutes for a medley. Timing of routine shall begin and end with the accompaniment. CDs cannot be accepted. All music must be brought to the music director in a non-protected MP3 format on a Flash drive.
Teams must consist of at least four (4) couples.
* Maximum of TWO Solo Exhibitions per student will be accepted.
* No Solo Exhibition is to exceed three (3) minutes. Music will be faded out after three (3) minutes. CDs cannot be accepted. All music must be brought to the music director in a non-protected MP3 format on a Flash drive.
* Two teachers dancing with one student are entered as a regular exhibition.
* Two amateurs dancing together can have two entries on Solo Exhibition plus the two in Pro/Am.
* Drops are permitted in levels Gold Pro/Am freestyles only. Drops are
permitted in all levels of Solo Exhibitions.
* Lifts are permitted in all levels of Solo Exhibitions only.
* There will be no substituting of a student with another student during the event.
* Invigilation will be used for all restricted categories. These categories will be strictly supervised and competitors committing infraction will be given notification. If adjustments are not made, final placement will be adjusted.
* The Riverfront Dancesport Festival will post its final schedule and heat lists before the event starts.
* Top Student - An award will be presented to the Top Newcomer, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Amateur Couple. Calculations are based on number of entries and placement points.
* Top Teacher - Junior entries receive 1/2 points.
* Top Studio - An award will be presentated to the Top 3 Studios. Calculations are based on the number of packages, entries, and placement points. To qualify, studios must have a minimum of two teachers competing in Pro/Am. The points will be awarded as follows: Large studio: 5 or more students, Medium Studio: 3-4 students, Small Studio: 1-2 students.
* MVP - More Voucher Points Event receive double-points for each Multi-Dance event you enter.
* Teacher's and their students must be on a package (A, B, C) to qualify for “Pot of Gold” and Top Teacher.
* NEW - Teacher's $$$ Pot of Gold $$$ - Teachers, we value the contribution you bring to our competition, and we want to reward you for supporting The Riverfront Dancesport Festival. Qualifying teachers will receive $$$ CASH BACK $$$ based on the number of paid adult Pro/Am entries danced.
* The $$$ Pot of Gold $$$ teacher incentive:
With 1-2 students:
- 30 to 60 adult Pro/Am entries – earn $1.00 on each entry
- 61 to 100 adult Pro/Am entries – earn $2.00 on each entry
- 101 to 150 adult Pro/Am entries – earn $3.00 on each entry
- 151 to 199 adult Pro/Am entries – earn $4.00 on each entry
- 200 or more adult Pro/Am entries – earn $5.00 on each entry
With 3-4 students:
- 30 to 60 adult Pro/Am entries – earn $3.00 on each entry
- 61 to 100 adult Pro/Am entries – earn $4.00 on each entry
- 101 to 150 adult Pro/Am entries – earn $5.00 on each entry
- 151 to 199 adult Pro/Am entries – earn $6.00 on each entry
- 200 or more adult Pro/Am entries – earn $7.00 on each entry
With 5+ students:
- 30 to 60 adult Pro/Am entries – earn $4.00 on each entry
- 61 to 100 adult Pro/Am entries – earn $5.00 on each entry
- 101 to 150 adult Pro/Am entries – earn $6.00 on each entry
- 151 to 199 adult Pro/Am entries – earn $7.00 on each entry
- 200 or more adult Pro/Am entries – earn $8.00 on each entry
* Pot of Gold added Bonus
- 150 adult Pro/Am entries earns $300
* Only Single Dance and Multi Dance entries count as one entry toward
the Teacher’s $$$ Pot of Gold $$$ award money.
* Solo's, Formations, Junior entries, and scholarship entries Do Not count toward the Teacher’s $$$ Pot of Gold $$$ award money.
* Early Rewards entry deadline rules!
- Earn additional points by getting your entries and payment in by the competition Early Rewards entry deadline Dec 15th and receive 1 point for every single dance entry and 3 points for each multi dance that is received and paid in full by Dec. 15th, 2021.
- Early Rewards Points only count toward the Riverfront Top Teacher prize money.
- These reward points do not count toward Pot of Gold Top Teacher points.
- In order to qualify: Entries and payment must be received by the Early Rewards entry deadline Dec. 15th, 2021.
* Day time session seating will be open seating. Tickets are sold on a first come first served basis with reserved seating going to package holders then single session. Any groups wishing to sit together should order tickets at the same time. All ticket orders will be held at will call under your name at the registration desk in front of the ballroom. The dress code for spectators is as follows: casual for daytime, dressy for evening.
* There are no refunds or exchanges on general admission tickets.
* Ticket purchases made on the day of the event are cash only.
* The deadline for cancellation and refunds is two weeks prior to the event. A letter requesting a refund of payments must follow cancellations. All refunds will be made 30 days following the event. No refunds will be made if cancellation occurs after 12/31/2021.
* Canceled entries taken at the event cannot be substituted by another entry and no refund will be made on such a cancellation.
* While on the competition premises, competitors shall conduct themselves in a civil sportsmanlike manner at all times.
* It is the competitor’s responsibility to be in attendance in advance of the advertised time scheduled for the events he is entering. Competitors must be in the ballroom at least 30 minutes before their scheduled event and in the “on deck” area at least 2 heats prior to their scheduled heat. Events will not be delayed for latecomers.
* Competitors entering a RIVERFRONT DANCESPORT FESTIVAL event shall accept as final the individual markings of the Judges and no appeal against them may be made, expect when it can be shown that the actual markings have been incorrectly interpreted.
* No competitor shall harass or question a judge about his/her personal reasons for marking.
* Any competitor who removes any of the master scrutineer sheets without the permission of the Organizer shall render himself liable to disciplinary action.
* The Organizer of the RIVERFRONT DANCESPORT FESTIVAL reserves the right to reject the application of any competitor who has violated any of the above rules of conduct in any recognized N.D.C.A. event.
* Professional videographers will be available to videotape your dancing for a fee. No private videotaping will be allowed.
* Rule 18 of NDCA rules section on Conduct of Competition states: NDCA recognizes that competition/championship organizers own the television and/or video rights to their events.
Table decorations by Kirsti Roslender.
If you would like to contact the registrar, one of the organizers, or get further information about the Riverfront DanceSport Festival, please use the following.
Organizer, alternate general info contact (8am-8pm ET).
Registrar and general info.